Monday, 31 January 2011
Sunday, 30 January 2011
Thursday, 20 January 2011
Guess what, I've just sold my wedding dress!
After a big 2010 clear out I decided that it was pointless having a wedding dress hanging in my wardrobe for the rest of time....
I'm not much of a hoarder and love the idea of my dress getting used again to make another bride happy.
I have all the photos I need and lovely memories of the day that will stay with me forever.
It's a good thing to keep in mind if you've fallen in love with a dress that's way over budget... wear it for your day and then recoup some of the costs by selling on afterwards.
Wednesday, 19 January 2011
For all you vintage brides, you are going to LOVE Holly and Steven.
The lovely pair have recently opened a fabulous vintage store, Nicholas and Steele in SW London.
The shop is a treasure chest of original finds... but if you can't find what you're looking for, they also offer a sourcing service. Whatever you want, drop them a line and they will do their best to scour the land and find it for you. Handy Steven can then make any restorations and paint your piece in the colour of your choice. Holly also runs a gorgeous art workshop at the back of the store for anyone wanting to learn a new skill this year.
Below are some photos from their recent wedding. Everything was made with lots of TLC. What a gorgeous day.
Tuesday, 18 January 2011
Oh my goodness gorgeous girlies, how have I not discovered this website until now.
I'm totally addicted and am sure that you will be too!
Full of fabulous make up videos and product tips.
I heart Lisa Eldridge.
Tuesday, 11 January 2011
Thursday, 6 January 2011
If you're worried about the cute kiddies stealing your thunder, then you should put in the prep before hand to ensure they don't get bored and end up screaming through your speeches.
Here are our top 5 tips:
- Bring in the professionals! The Artful Splodgers keep children entertained with a range of activities and games.
- Create a super fun kids table during the reception. Cover with brown paper and leave lots of colouring pens and pencils. Serve child friendly food or create your own little packed lunches.
- Hand out a few disposable cameras and set an award for the best photo taken. Encourage the children to take lots of photos of your guests during the day. Of course prizes should be given to all!
- Create personalised party bags as a favour. Fill with stickers, sweeties, books and quizzes. If you don't have the time to make your own then visit The Curious Caterpillar or Busy Bags.
- Charm the kiddies with a magical Teddy Bear's Picnic in a secluded (oh, ok, and supervised) tent, complete with colourful drinks, jam sarnies, honey biscuits and a cuddly teddy favour for each little guest.
Wednesday, 5 January 2011
If like me you were horrified at the cost of sending your Christmas cards this year, you might want to consider saving on stamp costs for your save the dates, or even the bulk of your invites.
This snazzy little website, Pingg has lots of lovely designs that you can personalise to your own requirements. If you don't fancy it for your wedding, then they also do invites for baby showers, birthdays, hen parties etc.
Tuesday, 4 January 2011
Make your guests smile by ordering bespoke little cakes on a stick by North London bakery, POP.
The mother and daughter duo can make almost anything so let your imagination run wild. What's better, these little morsels taste as great as they look.
Monday, 3 January 2011
Goodbye bunting, hello paperchains.