Thursday 21 April 2011

Sparkles

Don't you just love these gorgeous designs by Tula Jewelry?
Italian creator, Marisa started the business as a hobby, before becoming inundated with requests from A-List celebs. Below she talks a little more about herself and how the company began.




"As a born and bred Italian, I always been drawn to the timeless sophistication of Italian Fashion. Like many other little girls growing up in Florence, I decided early on that I wanted to become an artist, so when I started making jewelry as a hobby it was no surprise to anyone. I soon found myself selling my handmade pieces right off of my neck to my friends. Taking only one metal fabrication class for fun and naturally having a creative knack for design, my jewelry-making hobby proved successful, and i soon turned my hobby into a career. Little did I know that in the coming years, fashion forward celebrities such as Kate Hudson, Jessica Alba, Christina Ricci, Hilary Swank, Katherine Heigl, Lindsay Lohan, Avril Lavigne, Hayden Panettiere, Ashlee Simpson, and many more would be sporting my pieces and many stores would be showcasing my designs.

Tula Jewelry” the company came about in 2004 and has taken over my life ever since.

I brings my love for organic materials together with my city girl upbringing to craft an incredibly versatile collection exuding edgy femininity. Bold designs are paired with superior hand craftsmanship and my vast experiences of traveling the world,these are the foundations behind my collections. My attention to detail and use of the finest metals and stones solidify the exceptional quality sought after by discerning fashion senses. While so many designers today take short cuts using cheap materials and throwing over-saturated designs into the market,I takes pride in quality and creativity, combining leather and metals in new and interesting ways and constantly re-inventing myself. Everything in the jewelry line is solid sterling silver, solid gold or 18K Vermeil.

I loves to design pieces that are the focus of an outfit as opposed to an afterthought-- with the idea that jewelry is an investment, so it doesn’t go out of style in 6 months. I creates jewelry with a timeless appeal, so you feel good about putting it in your wardrobe every season with different clothes coming in and out. And you can dress it up or down-- looking great with a tank and jeans, and equally great with a black, strappy dress. I strives to bring timeless, bold creations to life with Tula Jewelry."